Date: Tuesday, October 15, 2019
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Lawshe Memorial Museum
History Storytimes are FREE to the Public
Join the Dakota County Historical Society and the South St. Paul Public Library for this history read aloud. The event is for ages 0 - 5, though older children are welcome to attend with their siblings, friends and guardians.
The children's librarian will read aloud the books chosen for this week. Afterward, children will see pictures, newspaper articles, and artifacts of Dakota County's history that relate to the book's theme. Children will also participate in a hands-on activity related to the book's themes.
This week's theme will explore Clothes & Laundry!
Books for this event include:
- Washday by Eve Bunting
- Homespun Sarah by Verla Kay
- Mary Wears What She Wants by Keith Negley
Future History Storytime Events are:
- November 19, 2019: Trains
- December 17, 2019: Cookies, Recipes & Cookbooks
- January 21, 2020: Winter Weather & Blizzards
- February 18, 2020: Maple Syrup
- March 17, 2020: Women's History
- April 21, 2020: Artists
- May 19, 2020: Plants & Flowers