Date: Thursday, January 16, 2020
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Location: Lawshe Memorial Museum
Join the Dakota County Historical Society for our monthly book club, "Books From Our Shelves." Each book selected relates to an aspect of Minnesota history.
January's book is "Gentle Warriors: Clara Ueland and the Minnesota Struggle for Woman Suffrage," by Barbara Stuhler. This book explores the final phase of the Minnesota women's struggle for the vote under the leadership of Clara Ueland. Ueland was a socially prominent wife of a successful Minneapolis attorney and mother of seven children, became president of the Minnesota Woman Suffrage Association in 1914, which was founded in Hastings, Minn.On the pages of this book, those committed suffragists who struggled on with such bountiful imagination, humor, dedication, and vision, take their rightful place in history.
For a full summary, please visit the Minnesota Historical Society Press by clicking here.
Books From Our Shelves is a monthly book club that meets on the second Thursday of each month listed below. Each session runs from 7 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Upcoming Dates & Books
- February 13, 2020: "Mrs. Ambassador: The Life and Politics of Eugenie Anderson," by Mary Dupont
- March 12, 2020: "This Water Goes North," by Dennis Weidemann
- April 9, 2020: "Stassen Again," by Steve Werle
- May 14, 2020: "In the Garden of Beasts," by Erik Larson
- June 11, 2020: "Across America on an Emigrant Train," by Jim Murphy
Registration for the event is not required, but allows us to track attendance and provide updates on the event with attendees. Please check back later for updates. Books selected are subject to change.