Date: Thursday, October 15, 2020
Due to COVID-19, this presentation will take place virtually. The event will be hosted through Zoom, a video conferencing site. No account is required to view the presentation.
Join the Dakota County Historical Society for our monthly book club, "Books From Our Shelves."
October's book is "The Heartbeat of Wounded Knee: Native America From 1890 to the Present" by David Treuer.
A sweeping history - and counter-narrative - of Native American life from the Wounded Knee massacre to the present day.
For a full summary, please visit the Goodreads website by clicking here.
Registration for this virtual event is required. After registering you will receive a confirmation email. A separate email closer to the date will be sent containing the link and passcode for joining the event.
We are offering this program free of charge, but encourage you to make a donation to the Dakota County Historical Society to offset the loss of revenue we are experiencing through cancelled in-person events. These donations will allow us to continue operating a high level and continue to provide presentations like this in the future.
This event is made possible by the Union Pacific Foundation COVID-19 Relief Grant.
Upcoming Book Club events:
- November 19, 2020: TBD
- January 21, 2021: "The Children of Lincoln" by William Green
- February 18, 2021: "The New Jim Crow" by Michelle Alexander
- March 18, 2021: "Evidence of V" by Sheila O'Connor
- April 15, 2021: "They Played for the Love of the Game" by Frank White
- May 20, 2021: Votes for Women!" by Winifred Conkling
- June 17, 2021: "The Heart of Everything That Is" by Bob Drury & Tom Clavin