Dakota County Historical Society
Collect, preserve, promote and present Dakota County history

 

Learn more about these other Historic Sites in Dakota County.

One of the most spectacular residences in Eagan was the home of Charles Lesley Ames, president of West Publishing. Ames amassed an enormous library about South Asia, which has since been moved to...
Lakeville’s Antlers Park opened on the Fourth of July 1910 at Lake Marion. The Park offered amusements, bathing, boating, and a dance pavilion.The “Dan Patch” gas electric rail line (named for a...
This Dakota village was located near the current Cedar Bridge crossing on the isthmus of land between Black Dog Lake and the Minnesota River, which is the present site of the Black Dog Power Plant....
There are three known Native American burial sites in Burnsville. The one unearthed at River Hills is believed to be the oldest, as no artifacts other than bones were discovered there. In 1943 on...
The Byllesby Dam, on the Big Falls of the Cannon River in Randolph, was constructed in 1910 to provide hydroelectric power and also created Byllesby Lake. The Dam was acquired by Dakota and Goodhue...

Visit one of these Dakota County Historic Sites