Dakota County Historical Society
To preserve, interpret and promote the history of Dakota County.

Location: 602 Vermillion Street

When this church was constructed in 1876, it was described in the Hastings Union as one of the finest church edifices of its size in the state of Minnesota. Designed by C.N. Daniels of Faribault, the Romanesque revival building is 87 feet long and 52 feet wide. The superstructure of brick has stone cap and window seats.

The congregation was established in 1856 by successful business people of Old Stock American descent. Charles Sumner LeDuc, brother of William Gates LeDuc, was the founder of the church. Stephen Gardner was one of the well-known citizens of Hastings who supported this church.

The structure has remained only slightly altered and has weathered fire and lightning over its 125 year existence.

Visit one of these Dakota County Historic Sites