Dakota County Historical Society
To preserve, interpret and promote the history of Dakota County.

 

Learn more about these other Historic Sites in Dakota County.

Location: Seventh & Ramsey StreetsRudolph Latto, a poor German immigrant, arrived in Hastings in 1856 with his bride. Starting as stableman at a Hastings hotel where his wife worked as cook,...
Minnesota’s oldest church in continuous use. In 1837 the Vatican established a new diocese (The Diocese of Dubuque) which encompassed Iowa, Minnesota West of the Mississippi, and parts of both North...
The Sciota Town Hall was formerly the Lewiston school district 69. Built in 1860, it is one of the oldest surviving school structures in Dakota County.
Location: 400 Third Ave. S.South St. Paul’s ethnic diversity is noted in the National Register by the inclusion of the Serbian Home. Built in 1924, the brick two-story building served as a gathering...
The very first formal school for children in the Mendota area was opened on June 13, 1859. In 1861, the laws changed creating a new school district. In June of 1863, farmers with their teams of...

Visit one of these Dakota County Historic Sites