THE LAWSHE MEMORIAL MUSEUM WILL BE CLOSED FROM DECEMBER 24, 2021, UNTIL JANUARY 2023 AS WE REMODEL THE RESEARCH LIBRARY AND THE EXHIBIT AREAS.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE AS WE ENTER THIS EXCITING NEW PHASE OF OUR HISTORY!
THE ARTIFACTS IN OLD TOWN ARE BEING RE-CATALOGED THANKS TO A LEGACY AMENDMENT GRANT.
We have extensive resources to help you with your genealogy, local city and township histories, and land research. Our collection includes:
- Books, magazines, and documents on Minnesota, Dakota County, and local history.
- Microfilm of newspapers dating back to the 1850s
- Federal and State census data from 1849 to 1940
- Cemetery and obituary records
- Naturalization records for County citizens
- Catholic church records
- Paper files on city and township history
- Plat maps showing ownership from 1879 to the present
- Information regarding sites on the National Register of Historic Places
- Over 300 oral history tapes
- Over 10,000 historical photographs
- Telephone books and city directories
- Records from Grand Army of the Republic Posts 47 and 48
- Henry Sibley's papers and a portion of Ignatius Donnelly's papers
- 1918 alien registration forms
Our research staff and volunteers are available to assist you! Research assistance is FREE to our members. A donation of at least $15 per half hour is suggested for non-members.