Your membership gift strengthens our ability to collect, preserve, promote and present the history of Dakota County. We have a variety of membership levels and benefits available to meet your needs and your family’s needs. Become a member or renew your membership today!
Your membership benefits include:
- Knowing you are helping to preserve Dakota County’s history for generations to come
- Subscription to Over the Years journal & e-newsletter
- Free general admission to the Lawshe Memorial Museum, Sibley Historic Site, and LeDuc Historic Estate
- 10% discount on gift shop items at all of our historic sites
- Discounted admission to DCHS sponsored special events
- Invitations to members-only events, lectures and exhibits
*Please note: The DCHS board approved new membership benefits beginning January 2022, without raising the cost to our members.
Membership categories and benefits are:
- Senior - $25
- Students (up to age 25) - $25
- Senior Household - $40
- Individual - $40
- Household - $60
- Sustaining - $100
- Includes Household benefits, plus...
- Two (2) free guess passes for people not listed on your membership for free admission on general tours when they attend with you (unlimited use)
- Silver - $250
- Includes Sustaining benefits, plus...
- Four (4) free tickets to be used on a special tour (Nature Walk, Holiday, Tour, etc.) and select events (Mendota After Hours, Coffee with the General, etc.)
- Please note, these passes are one-time use and you must contact the site directly to register
- Gold - $500
- All Silver benefits, plus...
- Four (4) additional free event tickets (8 total) to special tours and events
For more information about the benefits offered, or to begin your membership today, please call us at the Lawshe Museum at 651-552-7548.
To download a membership form, please click here.
As an added benefit, DCHS is part of a free program called the Time Travelers that gives you reciprocal benefits with more than 300 organizations across the country. Benefits range from free admission to historic sites and museums, as well as discounts on programs and gift shop purchases. The best part is that there is no additional cost to you! When visiting a participating organization, mention the Time Travelers program and show your DCHS membership card - it's that simple!
You can view a list of participating organizations and benefits offered here.
Did you know that you may be able to have your contribution matched? Many businesses will offer to match your donation at 1:1 basis - this means that every dollar you donate, your business will also donate a dollar! To see if your business offers a 1:1 match, please view our list of Matching Gifts. If your company offers a match and is not listed, please let us know.
Join DCHS below and start receiving these amazing benefits today!